Healthcare can be an extremely rewarding industry. We all enjoy a bit of fun and want those working with us to feel the same way. Offering great care is not just about the skills you have, it’s about being a fantastic people person with the ability to walk into any situation and have a positive effect on those around you. Being able to learn on the job and having the humility to accept feedback will help you to be at the top of your game.
If you know you’re an excellent caregiver/healthcare assistant with a good attitude, great communication, and skill set, then we have a job for you. You’ll be working for our various in home, rest-home, hospital and DHB clients who come to us for exceptional staff to help them provide the best service and care possible.
This is what we’re after:
- Trained (NZQA Level 3 or 4 qualification preferred) and comfortable in working in aged care facilities, hospitals, Hospice, in-home and more
- Competent in using equipment and techniques associated with the above facilities (this ranges from using hoists to safe moving and handling skills, from toileting to feeding and wheelchair/bed driving skills)
- Good attitude and fantastic people skills
- Common sense – adaptable to any situation
- Communication – being contactable and responsive when you have stated that you’re available
- Flexibility to work irregular hours and having availability that helps us to look after our clients when they need us most
- The ability to travel to the various sites we service
- Experience in palliative care
- A passion to care!
In return for your amazing set of skills, we will remunerate you well, offer practical and helpful support when you need it most, and give you the hours that will suit you and your lifestyle. There is even the opportunity to gain practical qualifications while working with us, and these can help you with your future and career.
Sound like a bit of you? Fill in the below form.
Alternatively, if you have any questions get in touch through:
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
To apply for this job please visit novait.co.nz.